How to Get a Police Clearance Certificate in Pakistan
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Police Clearance Certificate?
- 2 Procedure to Get Police Clearance Certificate in Pakistan
- 3 Required Documents for Police Clearance Certificate
- 4 Office Location
- 5 Important Points to Note
What is a Police Clearance Certificate?
A police clearance certificate or a character certificate is issued to a person after some background checks for any criminal records. The certificate can be received from the police or a government agency of the country where the person has resided.
Procedure to Get Police Clearance Certificate in Pakistan
To get a police clearance certificate in Pakistan, you must follow the steps mentioned below.
- Fill an application form that you can get from your area’s City Police Office, assistant political agent or local district office of the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP).
- Gather the required documents.
- Submit the application and documents at the City Police Office, assistant political agent or local district office of the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP).
Overseas Pakistani Citizens
- Visit or call your nearest Pakistani embassy or consulate to schedule an appointment.
- On the scheduled date, visit the embassy or consulate with all your original and photocopied documents.
- Pay the required fees.
- Applicants must keep copies of their passport with them including the pages that show their legal stay in the country as proof.
- You can also nominate a relative who resides in Pakistan to receive the police clearance certificate in Pakistan on your behalf. The relative must have an affidavit on 20 Rs judicial stamp paper that states that they are receiving the certificate on your behalf. They must also have an authority letter that allows them to receive the certificate for the applicant.
- Get the application form from your area’s City Police Office, tehsils/assistant political agent or local district office of the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP).
- Complete the application form and submit it with the required documents to the respective office.
Note: You must keep photocopies of your passport with the pages that show your legal stay in Pakistan as proof.
For Non-Pakistani Citizens Overseas
- Visit the nearest Pakistani embassy or consulate or call the office to arrange an appointment.
- Gather information about the application procedure.
- Visit the embassy or consulate on the scheduled date with all your necessary documents (original and photocopies)
- Pay the required fees.
Required Documents for Police Clearance Certificate
- Valid CNIC, driving license and passport.
- Utility bills.
- CNIC copies of the applicant’s parents.
- CNIC copies of two of the applicant’s neighbors.
- Recent passport-sized photographs.
- Copies fo your education certificates or degrees.
- A N.O.C (in case of government, semi-government or corporate employee.
- Marriage certificate. (For married female applicants)
- A completed and signed application form.
- A completed and signed witness form by the applicant’s neighbors.
- A copy of your passport that shows your stay in Pakistan (in case of non-Pakistani citizens)
- A copy of the permit to stay in Pakistan (in case of non-Pakistani citizens)
- An affidavit if you are out of the country (in case of non-Pakistani citizens)
Federal police in Islamabad, Pakistan,
G-10 Markaz، G 10 Markaz G-10, Islamabad,
Islamabad Capital Territory.
E-mail: email@example.com Police Clearance Certificate
Important Points to Note
- The police certificate is commonly delivered to the applicant’s address.
- The applicant must be 16 years and above. If the applicant is minor then the application must be carried out by the parent.
- The current address of the applicant must be as same as that mentioned on his/her passport.
- There are no charges by the government for the issuance of character certificate however, the issuing department may cost some charges for delivery of the certificate to the applicant.
- The fee may vary from applicant to applicant.
- The police character certificate in Pakistan is valid for 6 months. Validity may vary for different countries.