How to Apply for German Visa
Germany is one of many countries you should visit at least once in your lifetime. The country has a lot to offer and is full of art, historic attractions, and natural beauty. If you have made up your mind for a visit and are confused about how to apply, then you have come to the right place. This article will take you through all the important things you’ll need to apply for a Germany visa and the visa application process.
Types of Germany Visa Applications
The most common types of Germany visa applications are mentioned below.
- Tourist & Visitor Visa
- Job Seeker Visa
- Studying & Language Learning Visa
- Working Visa
- Business Visa
- Training/Internship Visa
- Medical Treatment Visa
- Visa for Cultural, Film Crew, Sports, and Religious Event Purpose
Important Things You’ll Need
Given below are the important documents that are required for any of the above-mentioned application types.
- Visa application form filled and signed by you.
- Recent photographs.
- Your valid passport and its photocopies. You might be required to show your previous passports as well.
- Your National Identity Card (CNIC) and its photocopies.
- If you are married, then your marriage certificate issued by NADRA might be required.
- Your original bank statements for the past six months.
- Proof of your assets or wealth.
- Accommodation proof (confirmed hotel reservation, rent agreement clearly stating your name, rental period dates and accommodation address) covering the entire period of travel.
- Original and copy of a travel medical insurance of at least 30,000 Euros.
The Visa Application Process
The German embassy will require some time to review and process your application. Here are some guidelines for the Germany visa application process.
- Ask the embassy to confirm the list of documents required for the visa type you are applying for.
- Fill the application form. Make sure you fill the form with your information that is correct and matches the information on your personal documents. You can fill the visa form online from here.
- Book an appointment with the German embassy in your country.
- Submit your visa application and pay the required fees. You’ll receive a receipt after submitting your payment, you’ll need it at the time of the interview so make sure you keep it safe.
- You’ll be notified about the date and time of your interview. Show up on time and with all the documents that you’ll be asked to bring. At the interview, you’ll be asked about your background and purpose of your visit by the consular. They’ll also review your documents.
- Make sure you have all you have gathered all your original documents along with their photocopies before applying.
- Provide documents that are authentic and as per the requirements.
- Fill the application form with correct information.
- Make sure you reach on time for your appointment and interview with the embassy.