How to get NOC for Mobile Phone Customs Clearance & Type Approval
Table of Contents
The use of imported mobiles in Pakistan has picked up the pace as people are now looking to import more and more mobile phones. But one thing that a lot of people do not know is that you need an NOC from PTA for a mobile phone that is being imported. PTA NOC for imported mobiles is important and you need to follow complete PTA guidelines while using an imported mobile.
NOC for imported mobiles is required if you are importing the phone for personal use or for commercial use. In both these cases, you have to pay customs duty on import of mobile phones in Pakistan. You can get more information about the guidelines related to imported mobile phones from the PTA website from where you can also check the PTA number tracking of your imported mobile phone.
When Do You Need a NOC from PTA for Mobile Phones
Mobile NOC for imported phones is required for both personal and commercial use with 5 being the maximum limit of mobile phones allowed under personal use. PTA Pakistan is the only governing body in the country that can provide you with the NOC for imported phones. No other body other than PTA have the authority to provide NOC.
According to the laws of PTA “No terminal equipment can be directly or indirectly connected to PSTN unless it has been type approved by PTA. Type approved granted by PTA signifies that particular telecommunication equipment is approved for general sale and is suitable to connect to a specific public telecommunication network.”
You can get more information from the PTA helpline number regarding the laws of NOC of imported phones. We will now take you through how to get a NOC from PTA for imported phones.
How to Apply for NOC Letter
In order to get your hands on imported phones, there are certain documents that are required for customs clearance in Pakistan. People willing to get NOCs for any mobile phone or tablet with SIM function need to send the following documents to PTA along with NOC form.
- NOC letter or application that clearly states the main purpose of the use of the mobile phone or tablet. If the phones are for commercial use then the applicant has to go for type approval with PTA.
- Copy of National Identity Card
- Copy of commercial invoice of the phone
- Shipment document number or courier receipt with tracking number
The applicant is required to mention the following things in the PTA NOC application form:
- Brand Name and Model number of the mobile phone
- Postal address where the phone will be delivered
- IMEI Number of the phone
- If there is more than one phone, then total quantity needs to be provided and IMEI of each mobile should be duly mentioned along with brand name and model number
Once the PTA receives all the documents it will verify the IMEI number of all the devices and issue SIM functionality on them. The applicant can submit the application for the NOC of imported mobile phones in Pakistan through one of the following methods:
- Courier all the documents to the following address: PTA HQ, F-5/1, Islamabad with the preferred addressee being “Type Approval Directorate”
- Submit all the documents by hand at PTA Head Quarters in Islamabad
- Email scanned copies of all the documents at firstname.lastname@example.org
PTA NOC for mobiles imported will be given after the regulatory body is done with all the verification process of the mobile phones and the documents that are provided by the applicant. If there are any discrepancies in the application form or documents, then the application will be canceled by PTA.
Apart from this, the other PTCL type approved equipment includes:
- Card Payphones
- Cordless Phone Sets
- Desktop Phones
- Encryption Devices
- Fax Data / DSL Modem
- Fixed Wireless Terminals
- Bluetooth Modules
- CDMA Terminals
- GSM Terminals/Gateways
- 2G/2.5G/3G/LTE Modules
- Wi-Fi BT Modules
- Wi-Fi + BT Terminals/Access Points
- Wi-Fi Combo Modules
- WiMAX Terminals
- IP Phones
- Line Protection Units
- PABX / IP-PABX
- Satellite Terminals
- Two Way Wireless Radio
- Vehicle Security Devices
- Vehicle Tracking System
- Mobile Phone Handsets
- Tablet PCs & iPads (Sim Based)
- Wifi Terminals
- Wireless LAN Cards
- GSM Based Equipment
You can download the PTA NOC Download PTA official PDF Guide from here. Apart from this, you can contact PTA helpline number in Islamabad or visit PTA office in Islamabad in case of any queries. You can get the PTA type-approval application form from here. Other information like PTA approved mobile phones and PTA type approval list can also be found here.