Registration & Renewal of Arms License
Table of Contents
There’s no doubt that arms or weapons are extremely dangerous and deadly, but let’s not shy away from the fact that many of us prefer to keep one only for the sake of personal security! Purchasing ammunition has never been a hassle for an applicant who knows back door options. However, carrying an illegal weapon may put you in a potentially precarious position if you lose the weapon and it falls in the wrong hands, landing you or others in grave danger.
Therefore, the Government of Pakistan (GoP) has set out several rules and regulations in order to ensure the safety of people. Following these rules and respecting the eligibility criteria is mandatory for all citizens. If, however, you are not aware of the rules, worry no more! This article is aimed at making it easier for you to understand the process of acquiring a license to carry an arm.
In order to carry any sort of arms, the applicant has to be at least 25 years old and must possess a National Identity Card (NIC).
- CNIC copy
- Two passport size photographs with blue background
- Profession/Service certificate
- A copy NTN number if you are a taxpayer
- Public representative’s recommendation
Procedure Of Registration
In order to make it easier for our readers, we have list down all the mandatory steps of arms registration procedure
- Fill up the Personal Arms License Form on the online website and submit all the documents
- Verification from DSP, SHO or any other concerned authority will be required on the form
- The applicant will have to visit the Deputy Commissioner Office himself with a copy of the Identity Card
- Deputy Commissioner will order the issuance of Arms License on the form
- Paste tickets equivalent to PKR 2000 on the form
- Submit the form in the Arms Licensing Issuance Branch in the D.C Office
- The applicant will be required to fill up an arms license form and submit to any arms branch of the concerned District Coordination Officer (DCO) office.
- A temporary license will be issued through which the applicant can purchase the arm. However, the entry of the arm will be made in the post office and the arm will be subjected to annual renewal.
- Send an application to the secretary interior ministry to approve your filled application.
- Upon approval, a demand note will be issued by the minister after which you will have 6 months to complete the procedure.
- Submit another amount of PKR 5000 in the National Bank of Pakistan
- Visit the DC office and request his endorsement with a stamp on the demand note. Now, register your arm at the arms branch in District Court.
- Wait for 4-8 months to get your arms license.
- Check the status of your application on the website with your tracking ID.
Registration and Renewal Fees
Prohibited Bore Weapon
- The initial license fee of the personal arm is PKR 20,000 and renewal fee is PKR 2,000 per annum
- Institutional license security company initial fee is PKR 15,000 and the renewal fee is PKR 2,000 per annum
Non-Prohibited Bore Weapon
- The initial weapon registration fees is PKR 10,000 and renewal fee is PKR 1,000 per annum
- Institutional license private security company initial fee of PKR 7,000 and renewal fee is PKR 1,000 per annum
- To extend the validity, the applicant will have to pay PKR 5,000
- Re-validation fee is PKR 1400
- Processing fee PKR 1400
- Retainer-ship PKR 5000
We hope that this article has cleared all your queries. If you like what you read subscribe to www.Infola.pk in order to find the smart way to get things done.