Registration & Renewal of Arms License
Table of Contents
There’s no doubt that arms or weapons are extremely dangerous and deadly, but let’s not shy away from the fact that many of us prefer to keep one only for the sake of personal security! Purchasing ammunition has never been a hassle for an applicant who knows back door options. However, carrying an illegal weapon may put you in a potentially precarious position if you lose the weapon and it falls in wrong hands, landing you or others in grave danger.
Therefore, Government of Pakistan (GoP) has set out several rules and regulations in order to ensure the safety of people. Following these rules and respecting the eligibility criteria is mandatory for all citizens. If, however, you are not aware of the rules, worry no more! This article is aimed at making it easier for you to understand the process of acquiring license to carry an arm.
In order to carry any sort of arms, applicant has to be at least 25 years old, and must possess a National Identity Card (NIC).
- CNIC copy
- Two passport size photographs
- Original old license
- Authority letter issued from concerned institution
- Copy of domicile certificate
- Original Challan receipt fee amounting PKR 1,400.
Procedure Of Registration
In order to make it easier for our readers, we have list down all the mandatory steps of arms registration procedure
- Applicant will be required to fill up an arm license form and submit to any arms branch of concerned District Coordination Officer (DCO) office.
- The form will then be forwarded to concerned Police Office for verification.
- After receiving a go-ahead from Police Office, DCO shall approve or reject the application
- In case of approval, DCO will issue a certificate to the applicant. After the submission of processing fee, the applicant will have to go to concerned NADRA center along with approval certificate and original CNIC.
- Representatives at NADRA will then take the bio metrics and other necessary information, after this applicant will receive a demand note.
- Applicant can pay fees through any UBL Omni shop
- Applicants will be required to submit the fees against the demand note and purchase a weapon upon this demand note by an authorized arm dealers and visit the DCO office for entrance in record of weapon purchased.
- After entering the weapon in the record, applicant will be asked to submit a demand note to the concerned NADRA branch.
- NADRA representative will then issue a receipt to the applicant and then issue an arm license.
Registration and Renewal Fees
Prohibited Bore Weapon
- The initial license fee of personal arm is PKR 10,000 and renewal fee is PKR 2,000 per annum
- Institutional license security company initial fee is PKR 7,000 and the renewal fee is PKR 2,000 per annum
Non-Prohibited Bore Weapon
- The initial weapon registration fees is PKR 5,000 and renewal fee is PKR 1,000 per annum
- Institutional license private security company initial fee of PKR 7,000 and renewal fee is PKR 1,000 per annum
- To extend validity, applicant will have to pay PKR 3,000
- Re-validation fee is PKR 1500
- Processing fee PKR 1500
- Retainer-ship PKR 5000
We hope that this article has cleared all your queries. If you like what you read subscribe to www.Infola.pk in order to find the smart way to get things done.